Sunday, January 2, 2011

My yearly list of accomplishments-- 2010

Its that time of year again to reflect on everything that has happened and that I'm grateful for. I never just want to be, I want to live, and not only do I want to live, but I want to make an impact on the world, I want to be there for people, and I want to enjoy my life. My life is full of learning, loving people, and family. Thats how I like to live. Not with anger or negativity, only love, compassion, and great food that feeds my soul!

Here's my highlights of 2010:

I witnessed a live speech from the President of Liberia, Madam Sirleaf

I ran a half marathon with my fiance

I traveled to three countries (Spain, US & Italy), three states (NY, NJ, and Pennsylvania) and tons of cities, including Barcelona, Almeria, Seaside Heights, and Venice.

I moved to another country

I got engaged

I passed a Spanish exam to get an internationally recognized language certificate

I applied for a PhD (not sure if I got accepted yet)

I switched jobs three times.

I drastically cut my hair for the first time in my life!

My brother and I became great friends

I continued to write

I bought a new mac!!!!!!!!

I learned the history of an African nation

I subscribed to the New York Times and Netflix

I wore tons of dresses and HUGE flowers in my hair

I took lots of mini vacations (one week or less)

I visited a desert

I swam in the Atlantic-- on the other side of the Atlantic

I learned a new dance/martial art: Capoiera

I took boxing classes

I reunited with old friends and made them a huge part of my current life

(wow, its a long list this year)

I lived in four different apartments

I rollerbladed my azz off

I boogie-boarded for the first time in my life PLUS, I went snow tubing

I've improved my Spanish

I had my engagement party

I rode an electronic bull

I was on a float in the Puerto Rican Day parade where I met some famous people

My fiance and I grew in our relationship


Two thousand and ten was GREAT. I'm sure I'll continue my streak of having my life get better and better as the years go on. The first step is believing, and I believe.
After all, I'm getting married in 2011! EXCITING! (plus I have a few NY resolutions, I ALWAYS keep my resolutions and this year they are GOOD ones!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madre mia Chris! You are the most accomplished person I know!! Wait, wait, wait--you were in the PR day PARADE! What! And I missed it!? You met a President of an entire NATION, gave a huge speech, traveled, ran, loved, wrote, befriended and the whole time kept the hottest fashion sense of anyone I know. Wow girl. Good job 2010. What on Earth are we expecting from you in 2011! Cant wait to find out! I love you!