Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Surround yourself with amazing people

I read a blog this morning about some research that was done about how we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with, and if thats the case, I AM IN TROUBLE! lol, joking, but really, it had me thinking, who are the five people I spend the most time with? It changes for me often, so right now, I would say, definitely my husband, then, I would say my co-worker, then comes my students (when class is in session), and this is sad, but the next "person" is the internet. Now looking at this list, it doesn't excite me. The more impressive/vibrant/intelligent/positive the people are that you surround yourself with, the better you become.

SO-- my mission this Fall, actually starting right now, is to surround myself with amazing people. I think I've done a fine job at cutting out the weeds from my life, so now is the time to invite more amazing people in! So EXCITED about this! I know EXACTLY where to start! At my art class and finding an all girls running group! I'm getting on that ASAP!

I think everyone should think about and analyze their own five people. Try it out.

2 comments:

Alex said...

do it my boo boo!!! find new exciting and nice bff's for you!!

xo

Unknown said...

totally true!