Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Decorating

Every year around the holidays we eject our ornaments that have been stored away for almost a year while reminiscing on holidays past. 

Last year I had a 4ft tall tree and my whole family came over to help Spanish Guy and I decorate. We made home made hot chocolate with marshmallows and sang christmas carols (yes, kinda like what you see in the movies, but a little less cheesy).

This year Spanish Guy and I decorated with one of my dear friends. We combined it with our puppies third birthday celebration where we bought him doggie cookies and we had cupcakes and wine! We all adorned the tree together and shared christmas stories. We fooled around with the "silly" decorations like the lights and tinsel, throwing them on top of each other and sliding on the floor. It was a nice experience. I wish my family were here with me though, I miss them during times like these. Although we are in the same city, they are still so much farther away then they were last year.

Well, I tried to document this years experience, mainly because as I always say, its important to reflect, and my memory is getting worse and worse as the time goes by, soon I'll have to open my blog to remember holidays past! :D

Happy beginning of the holiday season everyone! 
I hope this year is as special as ever!




1 comment:

Alex said...

I love Bully´s picture!