Thursday, January 22, 2009

the possibilities are endless... moving on.

So it's been over two months since me and my ex split up. We lived together before I moved here and the original plan was to move back to Brooklyn with him, but things changed and we decided to go our separate ways. I was so upset for a while, BUT NOW, the pain is gone and I can see clearly...

the possibilities are endless, yippie skippy!

So I got a job in NYC when I return in June, full-time, fun, good pay, so that's out of the way, something I don't have to worry about.

THEN just today I got an epiphany, how great! I can live where ever I want, with who ever I want, or alone, I can select my own apartment, or I can buy a condo! I am COMPLETELY FREE!

Of course I wasn't thinking like this before, all I was thinking was, OMG, what am I going to do? All my things, furniture, clothes, etc are all in our apartment, I loved that apartment, I decorated it, we choose the wall colors and painted together, we put it ALL TOGETHER, TOGETHER! I was freaking out, BUT NOW, I'm ok, lol-- I started researching prices, neighborhoods, talking to people about their experiences living alone...

The thing is, I moved out of my house at a young age. I lived in the dorms, then I moved into an apartment with my guy of the time, then I moved to Ireland and spent the first half of my time living with a family and the second part with room mates and my guy at the time (same guy, ha). THEN I came back to NY and lived in my grandma's old apartment which was empty and nice, but wasn't really mine, and people came to stay with me all the time cause it was in such a great place in Manhattan,
THEN I moved in with my most recent ex, it was a great apartment and I bought a huge flat screen, and nice furniture (pic above)--

Now, I'm living with two girls in a three bedroom apartment, it's great and I am NEVER alone or lonely, and always have someone to do something with and talk to, but sometimes I'd like my own space. I have enough friends in NYC that they can come over when I need someone, ya know?

SO I am realizing, this will be my FIRST time living alone!!! HOW EXCITING! I don't think I want a room mate, and I might even consider buying a condo somewhere (the problem with this is that it is so permanent and I don't know if I am ready to settle down just yet). I can pick whichever borough and neighborhood I want to live in, how many rooms I want, how much sunlight, how high the ceilings are, hardwood floors, exposed brick, WOW! I'm excited just typing about it! lol.

(another picture of my previous apartment, ignore the person, lol)








So, so far, I'm leaning towards renting a two bedroom in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, (pic above) there's a lot of Hispanic Culture there, my mom and bro live there, it's close to Manhattan, my friends are in the area, and it's close to where I grew up, Park Slope, and I'll be near Prospect Park, so I could continue my running career! I'm thinking two bedrooms cause I am always having visitors from all over the world, and especially my friends in NYC, there's nothing better than going out with a girlfriend that lives in NYC, have them sleep over, then go out for breakfast (or cooking) the next morning! FUN FUN FUN! YAY, OMG, I cant wait, what a great summer it'll be apartment hunting!

I'm starting to collect things for my new apartment while I'm here. I bought a handmade picture frame from Malaga. I'm going to Portugal soon, I think I want some pillow shams from there and an area rug from Morocco. It's going to be beautiful!

AND-- I'm getting a baby bull dog! I wanted one forever and now I am finally going to commit, I know it's a big responsibility, but I'm ready! HOW CUTE! :) lol.
Today is a great day, I have finally come out of my rut and am so happy I can see the light!

No comments: