Monday, May 10, 2010

Almeria: Cabo de Gata, Playa Monsul, & Desierto Taberna

We celebrated our 2nd one year anniversary this past weekend (don't ask). We went to Almeria, the south eastern part of Spain. It's a nature reserve which means that all the beaches are virgin beaches, very isolated and hard to get to with wild life all around us. We had to park the car far away (as to not disturb the natural environment, makes sense) and walk to get to the beaches, better for us, we practically had every beach to ourselves! ;)


VERY EXCITING EXPERIENCE. I felt SO lucky to be there and thought... does anyone even know these beaches exist??

I fall deeper and deeper in love with my fiance with every moment we share. This weekend was amazing.









This is a famous beach where Indiana Jones was filmed:

(here is a link to a MODIFIED version on youtube, you get the idea)



After the coastal tour, we drive inland to the desert which is called Desierto Taverna. Not many people know this but this is where most of the old Western American films were filmed. It was cheaper and the cast and crew preferred it because it is less than an hour away from the sea. We visited the set of the movie, still in tact. It was a weird feeling, I felt like I was back in time!


A video that I love, which we filmed this weekend. I want to share our happiness.


I recommend this trip to anyone that loves hiking, beaches and nature.
amazing time.

1 comment:

Alex said...

WOW!!!! que bonito baby!! me encanto este finde tan aventurero, yo tenia muchas ganas de ir.
espero que a ti tambien te haya encantado amor.

besitos mami!