Wednesday, May 5, 2010

a reflection


When I was a little girl I used to love playing in the park.
Every time I went, I made a new friend with a little girl. I remember running around the playground with my new friend, my big long curls blowing in the wind and a huge smile on my face. I loved it. I loved every second of it, even when I fell and scratched my knee, I got right back up sometimes without a tear and kept on going.

I would have never known at that time that my attitude and my personality would continue through adulthood.

Instead of literally running in a playground, I use the world as my park. I meet people as I go and I enjoy every moment of it. Although it can be hard at times, I brush it off and continue on.

I saw a hidden abandoned park the other day, an old park, and it brought me back to my childhood. It all came flashing back to me sort of like what I would imagine it being like before you die. I stood there for a few seconds and took it all in.

I am blessed to be where I am today and it took a lot of courage to get here, a lot of strength, and a lot of great people that I met along the way to support me.

I always had a friend, no matter how hard it got. And I am grateful for all my friends, even the ones I played with for only one day.

xo.

1 comment:

Alex said...

vaya, que profunda reflexión de la infancia!!

me encanta esta publicación baby.

kisses kisses kisses!!!