Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday afternoon run around S. Manhattan

Me & my love Mel spent Sunday running around the city, literally. We ran up and down the east river, we admired the salty water smell-- it reminded us of when we were training on the track team in college and used to run that same route. We ran over the often neglected Williamsburg Bridge into Brooklyn and thought that it reminded us of Coney Island-- it's just something that you think of if you are aware of your environment, the colors, the peeling paint, the water, everything. Then we ran back over the bridge into Manhattan, through the super cool Lower East Side until we arrived at my house, took a shower, then went out to celebrate :p
Great day in the sun, running, and staying active. In NYC the runs are very stimulating, there's always something to look at or a new route to explore, even if you're from here.
There's Mel, WAY ahead of me, like always!
Gorgeous, visually stimulating view, I do this bridge run everyday! NICE! I <3> RUNNING & I <3 NYC

No comments: