Monday, September 14, 2009

Alex's birthday weekend in Nerja

This weekend was my first weekend back in Spain and also my guy's birthday weekend, so naturally, we decided to go away-- somewhere special-- somewhere gorgeous-- somewhere relaxing-- somewhere (cheap, haha)-- so we choose Nerja.

Nerja used to be a sleepy fishing village town, now it's somewhat of a small resort area without the huge hotels. There's a dramatic mountain range that lines the clear blue waters and powdery white sand. It's only about 40 minutes from where I live, but it feels like a world apart, mostly due to the natural beauty. This town also houses Europes' Balcony, el balcon de europa, which is a promenade on a cliff which provides gorgeous views of the Costa del Sol. I was amazed every second I looked at the views... ughhhh.... so so so beautiful.

A few of Alex's many birthday dinners/meals this weekend:



me and our bee in the background, sorry, I had to do it:
more of Nerja:


did I mention, I busted my ankle climbing down a mountain to jump into the sea, ughhh... always getting injured, haha. (look at that egg, sorry to kill the beach mood, hah)

1 comment:

Meme Ruiz said...

Gosh it is soo beautiful out there.. I can't wait to be able to go places.. Because Spain is definately on my Bucket List. :-)

Hope your ankle heals soon!