Saturday, October 3, 2009

serenity

I'm sitting on my rooftop terrace right now. There's a strong breeze coming from the sea which is just a few minutes away, my hair is blowing in my face, but I don't mind, I leave it there, with no attempt to push it behind my ears, because the serenity of my surroundings, and the peaceful state of mind I'm in at the moment is stronger than anything.

Cuban salsa is playing softly in the background, and the church bells ring every 15 minutes on Saturdays and Sundays; it's a soft bell, and doesn't last for more than a few seconds. The green mountains are a natural backdrop to all this, along with the neighboring terraces and city views. Everything combined, all of this, the warm breeze, the strong sun, my beautiful plants in their super cute pots, the clothes drying with the slight sent of Ariel detergent in the air-- all of this combined makes for one of the most peaceful afternoons I've had in months.

No rush, no stress, no responsibilities, just to be.

just to admire,

just taking in my environment and reflecting.

No comments: