Monday, January 18, 2010

Exercising the body and mind

(Oh god, I shouldn't have eaten those potato chips right before I went running today...)

So I'm up to 23 miles a week in my marathon training. My legs are a bit sore today, but overall I'm SUPER motivated, I LOVE the way my body feels (and looks) as I'm running. I look in the reflection of store windows at times as I'm running by and I see my leg muscles in use, and I think, DAMN I want to CONQUER this marathon, and I'm going to use every last muscle in my body to do it! It helps a lot that I live in a beautiful city, I run by the sea, breath in the salty fresh air, I run up small green hills, I run through the center of the old town, it's a gorgeous run, and I think this is not just great for my body, but also for my soul and DEFINITELY for my mind...

... speaking of mind, running helps me focus. I have an exam next Wednesday, a Spanish language exam, where I'll be tested on my verbal skills, my written skills, my listening skills and grammar. I've been staying home and studying like crazy! I need to pass this exam, IF I PASS, I WILL GET AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED DIPLOMA STATING THAT MY LEVEL OF SPANISH IS ADVANCED! For me the hardest part is grammar, I have a hard time remembering the names of all the past tenses, the irregular verbs and their stem changes, I especially have a hard time with the SUPER irregular verb Haber... gee wizz... when I run I think of all of this, I repeat this in my mind and I become more confident in my ability to pass.

I have eight more days to study and three more months until the marathon! I KNOW I'M GOING TO ROCK THEM BOTH LIKE I'VE NEVER ROCKED THEM BEFORE!!!! Vamos a ver...

No comments: