Monday, February 15, 2010

weekend of lovers!

So another Valentines Day weekend came and gone. Last year was great and so was this year! The only difference was that this year it was raining and last year it was beautiful, sunny and warm! The love birds start to mate anyway, rain or shine!

So every year I take the opportunity to spend this day (or weekend) to share my love with my best friends and lovers! This year I made a little trip to Fuengirola to visit one of my best friends, Tracy! We had tapas on Friday night, went to an English bar and then went salsa dancing, it was SO MUCH FUN, I always love going to visit her! I love the other Americans that live there too, they are all so cool and they crack me up, funny funny funny!
So after partying and dancing my ass off on Friday Tracy and I woke up late on Saturday and had a 3-hour breakfast at the local cafeteria (and talked about everything you can imagine). Afterward, Tracy blessed me with her fabulous cooking and we had a lovely lunch at her house, breaded baked eggplant casserole, yum!
On Saturday night I headed back to Malaga to meet Spanish guy, well, we actually met at Plaza Mayor, which is an American style open mall. we did a little shopping, and then headed back to the house where Spanish guy presented me with the jacket that I have always dreamed of!!!!! I WAS SO SHOCKED AND HAPPY! A soft Italian leather bomber jacket with a faux fur trimmed (removable) collar! woooooYEEEEEEE!! Then we went to one of the only Mexican restaurants in Malaga for dinner and margaritas! :) It was a charming little place with only two tables and one Mexican woman cooking in a house-style kitchen. I loved it! I wish I can eat Mexican food every day, its one of my favorite cuisines! On Valentines morning we woke up fresh, content, and ready to enjoy each others company. Out of bed and out to eat breakfast in our favorite cafe, the first one we ever went to together <3.> After we spent the day cooking lunch, baking cake, I gave Spanish guy the present I bought him, then we went to an American bar to watch the soccer game (his favorite team was playing) then I went home and did my Spanish homework, haha. Fabulous weekend, very fun, lots of sleep, good food, good company, great times!
VEE-DAY 2010!

5 comments:

Alex said...

gracias por este finde de san valentin tan especial. es el primero que paso con alguien que de verdad deseo pasarlo!!! espero que sean muchos mas amor mio!!!

vamos a tomar cafelito que he aprobado mi examen de ingles!!!!!!
TOMAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU MAMI
ALEX

mendoza said...

you love me???? :)

mendoza said...

okay, voy a llevar mi bomber jacket para tomar cafelito contigo!!

muchos besos.
xo

Dream Seeker said...

irene y yo encantamos los fotos y tenia un buen fin de semana contigo. i feel so special reading about me and you in a blog. Nandy will be excited she made a foto. we are waiting your return...come again. see you thurs.

mendoza said...

awww... gracias, Y CLARO que estas en mi blog, eres una de mis mejores amigas aqui!!! :) Nos vemos el Jueves. besos a ti y Irene!