Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ciao Italia-- VENICE

✈ Oh gosh, where to start... Venice was amazing. From the moment I stepped foot onto the public boat in route to the hotel, I was flipping out. As we were gliding by, I noticed something strange to my left... how could there be no sidewalks in certain places and water entering peoples house and no one even cares! In the few days I was there as I walked around the city, I found out that during high tide, certain streets are flooded and you have to wear rain boats to walk around (or walk on wooden planks they have set up around the city), if not you're soaking wet. For the people that live there its completely normal, for me, I was in shock, I couldn't believe it! So besides that initial shock and the shock of being wet for 4 days straight (no pun intended, it is the most romantic city in the world), I was delighted to eat the most delicious food in the world, gelatos, huge pizzas, spaghetti, gnocchis, and a buffet breakfast every day!!! OH MY!!! IT WAS GREAT! I knew from the start that I wanted to eat A LOT while I was there, and that's what I did, I stuffed my face for 4 days straight! For me, Italy has the best food in the world (and I'm not just saying that because I'm half Italian) The riches cheeses, sauces, pizzas, wine, the different flavors and spices, ugh, DELICIOUS!



Also, I'm not too big on sweets, but when I tried the ice cream, aka gelato, I almost fell to my knees from pleasure. I NEVER eat ice cream, i don't like it, but in Venice, its a special case, I was flabbergasted! Also, the Merengue, and white chocolate, mmm mmmm mmmm!! My mouth is watering as I type!
Oh yeah, and the Italian cappuccinos, you already know! One or two a day!
Gondola ride:
So one of the most romantic things to do in Venice is ride in a Gondula along the small old "streets" while an Italian man (never woman) rows you around the city while singing love songs to you. Spanish guy and I took a ride and at first I thought it would be a tourist trap, but I had chills throughout the whole boat ride. It was AMAZING! The sounds of the water against the paddle, the Italian man singing love songs in Italian, me and Spanish guy in a boat riding through the tiny back rivers of the city where not a soul was stationed. I was thinking of my family's older generations possibly living there before they headed to the US and how it must have been back in the day. It was a one-of-a-kind experience.
I cherished every second of it.
AND of course, I was thinking style, sophistication with a splash of color when I went to have all my romantic dinners at night!
VENICE (by photographer Mendoza ahemmm, me):
Basilica San Marco (it was made with real gold!).
The pigeons are quite friendly in Venice, I must say!
Attempting to take a picture together.
Along the pier.
One of the entrances to one of the most famous squares in the world: Plaza San Marco
Me and my Carino.
Typical small "street"
Leaning tower at sunset.
Typical small "streets".


My favorite view: that's where we stayed! Each time we crossed the bridge we stopped here to look at the view, amazing.
:p
Then we were off to Barcelona, ALEX, CHRISTINE BARCELONA (completely different experience, blog to follow).

2 comments:

Alex said...

de mi mente, de mi boca, de mis manos y de mi corazón sólo pueden salir palabras de agradecimiento hacia ti. por este fabuloso e inmejorable regalo que me has hecho, por escogerme para compartir una experiencia así contigo, y por hacerme feliz de la manera que lo haces.
I--> inolvidable
T--> te
A--> amo
L--> latidos
I--> insuperable
A--> adoración

bueno, no encuentro palabras para seguir diciendo lo bien que me lo he pasado en Venecia, lo mucho que me ha encantado esta experiencia, y mis sentimientos por tí.

millones de besos princesa.
ALEX

Dream Seeker said...

now that is what i wanted to hear...you make me jealous of such a romantic trip....so lucky you are....