Monday, March 8, 2010

feeling the burn-- a runners world

So after my Spanish class this morning, I was hyped up on two cups of coffee, caffeine is a god send! I laced up my running kicks and banged the pavement. I ran ran ran, and it was sunny today after a million days of rain for the last 4 months! I actually felt the heat on my skin instead of rain and shocking wind-- it sucks to run in the rain because everything gets wet and heavy and it feels like you are carrying rocks in your shoes and a baby on your back while trying to rip through a storm!-- okay, back on track-- because the weather agreed with me, it felt so much easier to run, and lucky me, today was the day I scheduled for my long run, 14 kilometers, or 8 miles more or less plus ab and shoulder repetitions.

During the run, I felt my ass muscles contract with each step, my thigh and calf muscles felt the burn. My abs were tight and strong and my biceps and triceps kept me balanced. Perfect run.

Prague marathon, here I come.

2 comments:

Alex said...

WUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!
esa es mi chica!!!
asi se habla mami, eres una corredora incansable, con dos pares de ..., y una deportista por naturaleza. sigue asi cariƱo mio. vas a conseguir todo lo que te propongas.
y recuerda: QUERER ES PODER!
besos. te amo

Dream Seeker said...

when i saw you ran 8 miles i was jealous...i only got in 5 that day...but back on track now...prague marathon here i come too...