Monday, April 12, 2010

anniversary run!!!

Yesterday, April 11th 2010, was Spanish guy and I´s one year anniversary. We had both planned on running a half marathon together (neither of us have ever run a half marathon before) but when we signed up many weeks ago some of the application information was wrong, etc and al final, only one of us could sign up... we accepted that and moved on...

On Saturday night, Spanish guy and his mom walk through the door with TWO numbers, TWO tee-shirts, TWO bags of goodies (they went to pick up my number because I was still not feeling too well). He somehow managed to sign himself up and surprise me with it!!! aww...

I was happy!!! So yesterday, April 11th, 2010, we ran our first half marathon together on our one year anniversary. I think it´s the sweetest thing!! Usually couples buy each other flowers or go out to dinner, etc, but NO SPANISH GUY AND I ARE DIFFERENT, WE DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY!

Despite barfing my brains out for 2 days straight because of the stomach flu, I drank as much water as possible the day before, tried to eat as much as I could, and ran my ass off. Spanish guy stayed with me for the first 3 miles then went off (he is much faster than me, after all he is over 6 feet and I'm barely reaching 5 feet three inches on my tall days).

He finished in 1 hr and 54 mins and me in 2 hrs and 6 mins-- 12 minutes slower than he was, but I rocked it considering that I was sick for so long, I RAN PRETTY HARD AND FAST, 13.1 MILES!!!!





After the race we took a longgggg nap, had lunch then went out for tea in a traditional teteria. It was so relaxing, especially after all the energy of the early morning...



We have another one year anniversary coming in in one month, which will be a bigger one. I know this is confusing, but its too difficult to explain, and I am still weak from the stomach flu, so I have to take a nap now. More soon.

1 comment:

Alex said...

tu misma lo has dicho, somos diferentes al resto y por eso hacemos cosas diferentes a las demás parejitas!!!

para mí ha sido la mejor manera de celebrar nuestro primer aniversario, y espero celebrar muchos más junto a ti mi amor.

para este año que hemos vivido juntos, sólo tengo palabras de cariño y agradecimiento para ti, para la mujer que me hace vibrar, la que me anima, la que me da fuerzas y la que me hace sentirme el rey del universo.

TE AMO PRINCESA!!!