Sunday, April 4, 2010

artichokes, brownies and bread-- HAPPY EASTER!

EASTER 2010 in Malaga, Spain.

Its tough not having family around, but I am hell bent on keeping the traditions alive. I was raised with the Italian side of my family so every holiday I ate Italian food. THIS YEAR despite the Spanish not celebrating Pascua, I whipped up some YUMMY ITALIAN FOOD-- ALL FROM SCRATCH!
  • Vegetarian Lasagna with zucchini and spinach mixed in with the fresh sauce
  • Peas in a pod with a delicious garlic butter sauce
  • a simple salad
  • AND MY FAVORITE which I am so proud of, STUFFED ARTICHOKE with garlic, breadcrumbs, lemon, oil and dried oregano.
  • Vegetarian lentils (for a bit of protein, I follow the vegetarian food triangle)
  • ALSO, Spanish bread from a small village and cured cheese
  • And of course, to start off Spring on the right food, homemade lemonade

(all of this while listening to Salsa music, 'my other half is Cuban' haha)

I have to say, I am very proud of myself. I just wish that my family could have saw it, I know they would be very proud of me. It was my first time cooking Easter dinner.

Spanish guy made a delicious brownie with walnuts and strawberries with whipped cream.

After a long conversation with all my family in Brooklyn, I am ending Easter happy, proud, and FULL!

prepping the lasagna, grandma would be proud...
the beginning of the hurricane...
I was so full I felt sick, haha...
me not so happy, before I spoke to my family...the gorgeous Easter dinner...
YAY!
YUMMY...
me and my love cooking!!!
ONTO DESSERT:

The next holiday I will be back home in good ole NYC!!! WOW, can't believe it!

1 comment:

Alex said...

yummy, yummy in my tummy!!!! que buenisimo que estaba todo mi amor!!! fue un placer pasar esta fiesta tan especial contigo!!

que sean muchas mas como esta. me encantó!
besitos amore!!!