Tuesday, December 21, 2010

MY NYC birthday: 29 was mighty fine

I celebrated the beginning of the last year of my 20's. 
As a Sagittarius, I naturally enjoy being around people, I like adventures, and I get bored easily, which is why I choose to do a million things in one night!

My friends and I met up at Johnny Utahs in Manhattan, which I have to say is the coolest place in the world. Its a restaurant/bar with an electronic bull in the center. We all rode the bull and it was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life! I was non stop laughing, it was so enjoyable! I stayed on about 40 seconds and I flew off onto the bouncy area around it. 
I recommend this to EVERYONE IN THE WORLD! It was great, really. 

Then we had reservations to Havana Central, a Cuban restaurant in Times Square. I wanted to incorporate a bit of my culture into the mix. Being in Spain for the last few years, I missed out on variety, everything was Spanish. Anyway, we all had dinner, then danced salsa to the live Cuban band that was playing there.

During the last four hours of the night, until the place closed, we did karaoke!

All in all it was a great night with great company! I wish I could do it every weekend! But I would definitely break the bank (not to mention my stomach and liver, haha)

The following day was my actual birthday. After having breakfast with my family, I decided to be by myself and reflect on the past year and everything that I am grateful for. This lasted about two hours. My phone kept on blowing up and I eventually gave in... my friends scooped me up and off we went, upstate to do some shopping! Then back to my house to cut the cake... homemade by my mom. :)

Happy birthday to me! 
29




One of my presents from my fiance, a flip cam, FINALLY! I've wanted one for so long!

3 comments:

Alex said...

happy birthday my sweety love!!!!

mendoza said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Havana Central Restaurants said...

Sounds like a great night! Thank you for including Havana Central Times Square into your Birthday Celebration! We hope to see you back again soon:) Please stay connected with us for future promotions, events and contests!

www.facebook.com/havanacentral
www.twitter.com/havanacentral
www.havanacentral.com