Sunday, January 9, 2011

The fire that burns

Im sick today, so I'm writing a million blogs!

I just wanted to talk about the first week of 2011. So far I've signed up for a beginners French class. I want to learn French. I was obsessed with learning Spanish for so long, and now I learned it. I'm not going to stop there. I want to continue growing in life. So every Wednesday after work I'll be heading to the alliance francaise to start on the beautiful path of becoming trilingual.

I feel like a little kid who's mother put them in all these activities, only my mom didn't put me in them, I put myself in them. On Monday evenings I have my boxing class, called fight club. Its a hard-core military style work out. On Tuesdays I have my dance class at Alvin Ailey Dance Company. On Wednesdays, well, I have French like I mentioned earlier. On Thursdays I usually just run and on Fridays I have fight club again.

My schedule is jam packed, and I love it that way. I am not only working out my body (also training for a half marathon in March, so I'm up to 20 miles a week now), but I am also working my brain by learning a new language. I also train my brain at my day job, researching and teaching. Im constantly challenging myself.

I think that I should sign up for an advanced Spanish class as well. When I move back to Spain, I really don't want to have any frustrations with the language, especially with writing and reading, which is my weakness with the Spanish language.

I'm on track for 2011, but thats not any different than how things have been any other year. I'm motivated. Fire brews inside me, and I just need to let it out!

Okay, I hope my cold goes away quickly, because tomorrow is my students premiere screening and I need to speak in front of an audience of over 200 people!

I hope everyone else's 2011 is going well.
xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA! You are one busy girl! French, fighting, 'footing'! Joder! You are taking this year by the cajones already! Go 2011! I wish I could run that half marathon with you! What time you aiming for?

mendoza said...

das right! Didnt think about times yet! Maybe under 2 hours!
xo