Sunday, March 27, 2011

back in the swing of things

I'm working my running miles back up after taking a little break while I was planning the wedding. I'm now up to 17 miles per week, I could do more but don't want to injure myself. I bought new running shoes and am discovering new routes in Brooklyn and Manhattan via www.mapmyrun.com, a great site which measures how far you run and suggests routes for you.

Each week I'm going to try to increase my mileage by 1-3 miles to play it safe. I'm jumping to 20 miles next week, with my longest run being 6 miles.

I have a 10K (6mile) race in 2 weeks in Central Park, I'm going to work it! Can't wait! Me and my homeboy are running it together, a cop, lets see if I can beat a cop in a race, haha!

I love running, and am so happy to get back into it! Especially because the weather is getting nicer and I see my arm muscles forming and my energy is through the roof!

Running mixed with an intense super charged fight club class that I take twice a week at Harbor Fitness will get me in tip-top shape by the summer and help to me to feel strong again!
(I sound like an infomercial, hahah)

Okay folks, work it--work it!

2 comments:

Alex said...

do work baby!! do work!!

mendoza said...

haha, ok, thank you.