Saturday, June 25, 2011

my summer accident

I'm sure you all already know that I am  a CLUTZ, but I bet you didn't think that I would fall as I was running, ON NOTHING, no trip, no twist of the ankle, nothing, just me running, then me on the ground!

This happened on Friday morning and it was so bad that I got the wind knocked out of me and the ambulance came. I have bruised ribs and cut up knees and hands (again). I had my last race this morning, in my five race series and I couldn't make it (The gay pride 5 miler, I would have been proud to run it after the GREAT news that Gay Marriage was legalized!). I'm sore from the shock and my knee is pretty torn up. Sucks. But its better that this happened now rather than later on in the summer (because knowing me, it was guaranteed to happen at least once this summer).

No sports for me this weekend. I have to heal. Luckily the people that I've been with have cars and can drive me where we have to go, otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk!

Life is interesting, isn't it? Bruised ribs from falling, REALLY?

No comments: