Sunday, July 17, 2011

A possum in Brooklyn--ahemm... in my apartment

Click here to donate now and help save lives


I spent a pleasant afternoon with one of my best and long-time friends in my backyard yesterday. The weather was nice, and so was the company, but who could have foreseen what was to come...


While we were out back, I left the doors open to my apartment. That night I was awoken at 3am to rattling sounds. Me being a Brooklynite, I immediately thought someone had broken in, so my quick reflexes catapulted me out of bed, I grabbed my cell and was about to call 911 when I noticed that no one was in the house. I looked all around... empty. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I watched E!, Chloe & Lamar was on! SCORE!

Then about 30 min later, the sound happened again, the whole recycling garbage can had tipped over. I went to check it out and I came face to face with beedy-little eyes! I froze, then  RAN OUTTA THERE SO FAST!!! I woke up my neighbor and he came with a broom.

I thought it was a baby raccoon-- since I live near two huge parks, we constantly see raccoons around (they are ugly mofos). 

After 10 minutes of me hiding and shivering from fear and my neighbor shoo-ing it out, all was well again in my world. I clicked off Chloe & Lamar, and enjoyed another four hours of sleep.

Who would have thought that an afternoon spent in the backyard would lead to a night of terror and beedy-eyes in the dark. Ahh... Brooklyn Stories... maybe I should start a new blog about that, "Brooklyn Stories" hmmm...

Speaking of Brooklyn stories, I just found out that Possums were let loose on purpose to kill rats in Brooklyn, check out this NY Post article:

 http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/rat_bastards_f5onjzgcqxm0fu3RFz3ySL


2 comments:

Dream Seeker said...

sooo adorable. cant believe a little raccoon got the best of ya. heheh

mendoza said...

more like a BIG Possum! they attack and carry teh bubonic plague! :)