Wednesday, September 21, 2011

**sigh** Spain Sept 2011

I reunited with my husband after six months. I met him in Malaga for four days, the day after his birthday. We spoke, touched each others faces, kissed, laughed, ate, swam, walked hand in hand, slept, and drank together. It was beautiful that we still had such love and passion for each other despite everything that happened (long-distance relationships-- especially SUCH a long distance are H-A-R-D!) We realized that when you still have such love, respect and compassion for someone after six months apart, that kind of love is special and one of a kind!

And the fairy-tale continues.

My husband will be back soon.

Now about Spain:


It was as fabulous as it always has been! Warm, dry weather, not a cloud in the sky, merry people. It was just lovely. I spent my days in cafe's writing, I visited my former students, and walked around Spanish guys pueblo. I went to the beach and ate all my favorite foods: Berenjena con miel, patatas bravas y con ali oli, bocadillos con queso manchego, aciete y tomate, and of course aceitunitas!








On Saturday night we went to the pueblo que se llama Guaro, they had the Luna Mora, which translates to arabic moon. Every year a select few pueblos shut off all their lights and only use the lights of candles. Various shapes and figures are placed around the town-- lights along windowsills, and in the streets. Arabic food is sold, and music is played through out the streets-- this goes on all night until the sun comes up!

Me, as an American, was like, isn't this a fire hazard?!??, but the Spanish didn't seem to care, so neither did I, I went with it. I had falafel, hummus, arabic tea, sugar cane juice and pipas (haha). It was so special and such a unique experience for me. In my two years living in Spain I didn't get to experience the Luna Mora, so I'm happy I went at that moment!

We went with my in-laws, it was nice to spend quality time with them. All was/is okay...









I'll be in NYC for one more year with Spanish guy (living the life and saving money), then hope to start a Spanish life with my husband in Spain. How lucky we are-- two cultures- two hearts, experiencing both.

HAPPY MENDOZA

2 comments:

melp said...

You two radiate happiness and love. It is meant to be! Beautiful couple in so many ways!

mendoza said...

aww, you are too sweet!! THANKS!! :D