Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DC, life and back to normality

I really enjoyed being out in DC this past weekend. It was great to see one of my long-term friends, and it was nice to be able to show Spanish guy my nations' capital. Every night that we were there we went to a house party. The first night was a going-away party in a chic remodeled condo in a trendy area of DC, and the second night we went to a potluck dinner in the Capital District. I wanted to die I ate so much that night! ha.

Spanish guy wasn't too impressed with the white house. When he saw it, he said "thats it"? And the truth is I kinda agree with him. Theres really nothing super impressive about it when you see it in person. Its just a HUGE American symbol, and "thats it".
(my digital camera battery died the first day so I had to buy a disposable, remember those? haha. The pictures are getting developed as I type.)





oh yeah, and we went on a private tour of the National Gallery of Art with American University Alumni. I was SUPER impressed with the Chester Dale collection. Best group of paintings I've ever seen anywhere... Below is the patio, very Spanish/European. We Loved walking through the Gallery hand-in-hand taking in the art. nice.


So now we are back in NYC. I started back at the gym again, in my fight club class, and I've been running a half mile here and there, just to maintain my running muscles. Besides that, nothing. Things are pretty normal in my life, and I have to say, I don't like normality.

Something has to change, and soon.

Now what?

No comments: