Monday, November 21, 2011

life simply put

As time goes by, I get happier and happier. My life gets better and better. Of course there are those moments where you just feel like nothing is working out for you, or you had a "bad day", but overall, I spend the majority of my time with lovely people, smiling, laughing, having fun, and doing interesting things.

My whole life I've been on a quest for happiness, maybe because I was so unhappy as a teen. I knew that I never wanted to get to that place in my life again, so I started changing, changing my clothing, changing my body, changing my friends, I changed my house, I went to school, I traveled, I met great people-- young and old, and I started to become curious about the world... asking questions, exploring, learning languages, touching, smelling, appreciating...

I started caring about people and and most importantly, I began caring about myself.

So today, all these years later, with one month to go until my 30th birthday. I have to say that I found happiness--  I am happy with the people and environment around me right now.

But most importantly, I've found happiness within myself. And thats where it's always been.

No comments: