Monday, January 23, 2012

My Don Coqui experience

I went to Don Coqui this weekend with a few of my friends. 

This place sparked my interest because I heard it was owned by two Puerto Rican women whose father was the owner of Jimmys Bronx Cafe. I used to go to Jimmys when I was in my early 20's. It was the latin hot spot, and it was the beginning of my clubbing days, so it holds a special place in my heart.

It seems as though Jimmy passed the torch on to his daughters. This place was great! No entrance fee, free coat check, BUT super expensive food ($25 a plate on average) and drinks ($12 Mojitos, but they were good).

We had dinner at midnight and danced the night away to freestyle, old-school reggae, and salsa.

All around good night with classy Latinos, just how I like it!


I recommend this place to my fellow Latinos. 

1 comment:

Alex said...

woww!! que vestido y que guapa estas!!

xo