Friday, February 10, 2012

getting out of a funk

Theres only one way out of a funk, and its not medication or supression. Its self empowerment and self love. Its normal to feel down once in a while -- especially when life gets difficult. I cried all day today. I had to leave work early. I cried on the train. I tried to pretend I had a cold so people wouldn't think I was crying. Sometimes even the strongest of people, the happiest of people go through hard times, and the strongest of people get out of them and become even stronger.

Thats what I'm trying to do now.

I just had a little snack of natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread with a cafe con leche that Spanish Guy made for me. Now I'm blogging, and in a bit I'll go for a short run while really concentrating on my breathing.

Later on tonight I'm going salsa dancing. My soul needs it.

But let me just sit with my fluffy pink robe for a minute more and self reflect...

No comments: