Wednesday, February 29, 2012

moving

As I made my way from my house to the train station this morning, I realized that it was one of the last few times that I will be making that journey. It was representative of a lot of things in my life that will soon come to an end. Things that I took for granted, or things that I hardly noticed, but played a major role in my everyday life.

I will no longer be near my family. I will no longer be near my friends. I wont be in the neighborhood I grew up in with familiar faces, stores, trees, cars, parks, and subways. I know this may sound so silly, but these are the small things that make up a community, and community is a big part of peoples lives (good or bad, in my case, good).

Its sad for me.

I know I will be okay in my new neighborhood (which by the way-- Im moving into the city!), but it just wont be the same. I have to create a new community- or be accpted into an old one. I have to make new friends and meet my neighbors. I have to get used to my new route to work and get to know the neighborhoods' resturants and shops.

They say that moving is one the three major stressors in a persons life. And now, after so much instability, I realize why.

I'll be okay though. I appreciate what I had and embrace the new, its just a little sad, thats all.

4 comments:

Alex said...

we are going to miss the hood definetly. but some day, sooner than you hope, we will be back in here!!

mendoza said...

Thanks boo... and maybe with our own house??!? :D

Alex said...

hopefully yes, my sweet lovely wifey!!!

Dream Seeker said...

you will get thru it. ur strong, encouraging and super sweet. u wont have trouble adapting...