Thursday, June 14, 2012

When family lives far away

Its sort of a win/lose situation when you have family living far away, bad because they are not there to share the special everyday moments with you and good because you are able to get away and spend days at a time with them... I’m just back from a trip to Florida to visit my cousin and boy-oh-boy was it a dream! We did things that one would think are only in fairy tales! On our second day there we visited a farm and got to play with baby animals: baby ducks, pheasants, chicks, horses, cows, and to really interact with them -- milk the cows, feed the animals, and learn about where they are from and how they live.



 Our last day in Florida, after partying in Downtown Disney, going to a local beach, and having great dinners, we went to Honeymoon Island and spent the day at the beach, and then rented a kayak… SPANISH GUY AND I TOOK THE KAYAK TO A PRIVATE ISLAND where the water was so shallow getting there that we had to get out and pull it at times. The water was beautiful, full of wildlife and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. When we got to the island, well… it was very romantic…




All in all, I had a great time with my family, I spent time with my six year old cousin, just being silly and playing all day and it was great for my hubby to bond with my family… but I do miss them a lot and wish they were closer. Its sad, but Im blessed to be able to have these experiences.



No comments: