Friday, January 3, 2014

Positive Thinking: New Years in Clearwater Beach, Florida

According to the MayoClinic:

"The health benefits of positive thinking

Researchers continue to explore the effects of positive thinking and optimism on health. Health benefits that positive thinking may provide include:
  • Increased life span
  • Lower rates of depression
  • Lower levels of distress
  • Greater resistance to the common cold
  • Better psychological and physical well-being
  • Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
  • Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress"

That being said, I've always tried to keep a positive attitude and look on the bright side of everything (without being blind of course). I know it's difficult when most people around you are miserable, or you cant see a way out of a bad situation, but believe me, there's always a solution, to EVERYTHING!

And if you put your mind to it, you can have positive moments as well...

Spanish guy and I woke up on New Years Eve in Clearwater Beach Florida (I know, it's easy to be happy and positive on the beach in warm weather!), but we decided after a very long year that the 31st of December was going to be the best day that we had in all of 2013!

And we intentionally made it that way! Appreciating EVERYTHING, experiencing new (and sometimes scary) things, and dancing the night away! It was amazing. When I feel overwhelmed or have major anxiety, I will keep in mind that it is only temporary and that I have the power to change and improve. I just have to live without fear, and thats just what I did on December 31st:










Bring it on 2014!

No comments: