Saturday, July 19, 2014

This is my Saturday Morning

It's Saturday morning and I'm lounging on my cream colored movie sofa, my legs are dangling from the arm rest and my head is propped up on top of a squooshed together down filled blanket that my mother gave me last year when we went camping in below freezing temperatures. 

This is my Saturday morning. Spanish guy is still sleeping and I'm getting hungry.

This past week I've had off from work because of minor surgery I had to get done, so I spent my days writing in my journal, having coffee, walking around the park and not talking so much (it was surgery on my mouth, I still have quite a few stitches in, and they are super annoying, it's almost as if I forgot to remove some floss after a very hygienic mouth cleansing session, it's just chillin in my mouth).

But I'm trying to make the best of it. In a few days I'll be in Ireland at a wedding and two weeks ago Spanish Guy and I returned from a southern USA Road Trip that was quite special. We got to visit my cousin and one of our closest friends from Spain. This afternoon we have a BBQ Pool Party in Staten Island and tomorrow I'm having "dinner" with friends. (I put dinner in quotes cause I'm lucky if I could get a chip in my mouth with the limited movement I have at the moment!)

Well, this is my Saturday morning, and this is my life.

I still cant eat, but will make some homemade Arepas for Spanish Guy and I will vicariously eat through him this morning...

Happy weekend!

No comments: