Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ART-- museoPICASSOmalaga


I went to the Picasso Museum in Malaga today. This particular museum has the 3rd largest collection of Picasso paintings in the world. I think it should be the biggest, especially considering that Picasso was born in Malaga! Anyway, I guess it's not the cultural capital of the world like Madrid or Paris. I went in the middle of the day when most people were having lunch or taking a siesta, so not many people where there. it was great to be in an empty museum. Coming from NYC, its rare that you ever get to experience anything cultural, alone, without the company of a million strangers, so it was a perfect experience for me.

There was a temporary exhibit with work by Max Ernest. I hadn't heard about him before today, but he is such an amazing artist and his life story is so interesting! I hope to live a life like him, jet-setting around the world, making new friends, attending international parties and making art. I think I have a good start so far :)

I bought an artists pencil at the gift shop and have been practicing some abstract art so far. It makes me feel good to create something. Oh and bought a bunch of postcards, so for my ppl in NYC, keep one of your beautiful eyes on your mailboxes!



In spiritual and artful solidarity-
C L Mendoza

No comments: