Thursday, September 18, 2008

And the winner of the Best Boyfriend in the World goes to...

OK OK OK, I warn all of you reading this, you might get nauseous... now everyone knows Im not one to boast about things, especially not men, but I think this time there is an absolute need to announce that I have the best man in the world. Now I know a lot of people think that they do, but I'm pretty sure that I do, here's why:

After being together for over a year, I decided to move to Spain for a year, so I applied for a job, got it, and here I am. Before I get into the current relationship, lets rewind a bit to the last 14 months...

Here's what he does for me ON A DAILY BASIS and I am not exaggerating:

He gives me a nightly foot rub (both feet, ha)
He cooks dinner for me (vegetarian meals focused on veggies even though he eats meat)
He comes running with me or if he's too tired, he rides the bike with me
He cleans the house and washes the dishes
He picks me up from the gym (its a few miles away from where we live)
Writes me love notes and leaves them for me every morning
Calls me all the time


OK, if you're not convinced so far that he should win the prize, here's a bit more of what he has done for me:

Helps my mom (and family) with whatever she (they) need.
Pays all the bills (yes, I do work full time and make a good salary)
surprises me with dinners out
brings me to the beach at night with wine, cheese and bread
always talks about how great I am with anyone and everyone
Made everyone clap for me when I sang Karaoke because I am his girl
Stole the champagne glasses from the bar we were in on New Years Eve in Quebec City so that we can have them forever
He buys me jewelry
AND he doesn't do drugs (I have to mention this because you can only imagine what I've been through in past relationships...)

OK, so lets get to the current situation:
I'm in Spain and he is in NYC. The first day I got here, he bought a phone card and calls me. He sends me pictures via his iphone so when I wake up every morning I see him. He is constantly in touch, not giving me any reason to think about anything that naturally goes through peoples mind when they have a long distance relationship AND if he cant get in contact with me, he gets worried and thinks something happened to me. ALSO, he sleeps on the couch because he wants every night that he sleeps in the bed to be with me (I don't agree with this , I want my baby to sleep in the bed!)

OK-- Maybe I wont convince everyone with this story, BUT I really believe I am blessed to have Johnny in my life and I will NEVER find anyone better than he is and who will treat me better!! JOHNNY, You are a blessing!!!

PS-- sorry if anyone became sick while reading this, lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mendozzzzaaaa, I told you that you have the best man EVER!!!.. He is definitely a rare breed.. I remember when I was in the hospital and you guys came to see me. He was such a sweetheart, he helped me while I was in sooo much pain and didn't even make fun of me and I looooooked busted heheheh, he even laughed at my jokes and was just soooo attentive... If I was a member of an award academy he would definitely get a HUGE AWARD for the BEST BEST BEST BOYFRIEND EVER!!!!

mendoza said...

awwwww... thanks, you're right!!!