Saturday, December 27, 2008

what a great 2000 and eight!

SO-- this is the first time I can say that I am sad to leave a year behind. Two thousand eight has been one of the best years of my life. I'm usually all excited to start over, with new people and new places. I'm in a way excited for 2009, but not completely. I've been looking back over the past 12 months, and I was like, DAMN-- I did a lot of shit! lol.

Here it is, all laid out:

-- finished my dissertation (120 pages!).

-- graduated with my masters degree from one of the most prestigious Universities in the United Kingdom.

-- Traveled to three countries and four different states.

-- Had a GREAT, FUN, HIGH PAYING job!

-- went hiking, mountain climbing and waterfall hunting in upstate NY.

-- spent time with my family every weekend.

-- Found a great job and moved to Spain!!!!!

-- became more fluent in Spanish.

-- made new friends, and visited old friends around the world.

-- had a sexy car and beautiful apartment.

-- stayed at my friends beach house in Jersey all the time during the summer.


Oh My GOD! What a great year it was when I think about it as a whole. Also for the world:

-- we had an exciting election.

-- We elected the first liberal & black president.

-- Less killings and murders in Iraq.

-- More Art is being made around the world.

-- People are hopeful, FINALLY.


What can 2009 bring for me? I already have a list of my hopes & my dreams. The year I envision is usually the year I have. I do my best to accomplish my dreams :)

I also hope that the world is happier and more stable for 2009, and that less troops are deployed to war zones. That's my wish, also, CUBA LIBRE! lol, but for real though, Obama, make it happen!

I need to write more about this year though, it was too good just to let end like that. Well, I still have another trip to Sevilla before the new year, so it can only get better! More soon!

xo.

No comments: