Sunday, February 8, 2009

Why friends are important:

Malaga Feb 2nd- Feb 8th, my girls
It is SO important for my sanity to have good friends, friends that are funny, smart (not necessarily university smart, but just common sense kind of smart too), have a great out-going personality, loyal, and compassionate. I have been blessed to have quite a few friends and have stayed in contact with them all, even in the most difficult of situations.

I find myself thinking so much about the role that my friends play in my life. This past week I was so happy to share my time, my house, and my city with two close friends from the US and England. We passed our days, talking, eating, going to the cinema, dancing, drinking, meeting people, I introduced them to all the new people in my life. We had laughing fits, learned together and developed our relationship. I imagine that there are many lonely people in the world, so many that they should have a way to connect to each other to relieve their loneliness. We are social beings, I am a social being, I need people around me, not all the time, but it's nice to know they are there when I need them and vice versa. (I'll post more friendship blogs soon, with different special friends)
Traveling with people and experiencing new things together is one of the strongest ways to bond with someone. New experiences are so easy to find and traveling is such a foreign act for most people that when you do it with someone, you build an unbreakable, bond-- forever. (especially when you share an experience like this: breaking into a bull fighting ring in the middle of the day during off season and since there's no actual bullfighting action, you and your friends reenact a bullfight, only this time a person pretends to be a bull-- ok, got off on a tangent there-- FYI, it wasn't me!)
One of my friends that came to visit taught me about the booze blues, lol. She said that we get it the day after drinking. We start to think about our life and how we can change it for the better. Maybe that's what I have today, the booze blues, cause I'm contemplating a lot, not necessarily in a bad way, but just thinking.

Here are some pictures and a video of my friends' visit to Malaga and our happy memories that can never be taken away from us. Did I mention that I have the most BEAUTIFUL friends in the world, they are so GORGEOUS (and also successful, smart, nice, fun, and stylish)!

No comments: