Monday, March 23, 2009

Back to Spain 2009/10?

My boss took me aside last week and asked me if I wanted to return next year-- renew my contract for another academic year and work in the schools with the children. She said all the kids love me, the teachers are all happy to work with me, and I have a natural ability to communicate effectively. I was flattered and happy that they want me to come back and work for them, especially in this economic climate! She told me if I did come back, I can pick any area in Spain that I want to live and then they will find schools for me to work in, including the Canary Islands-- a chain of island resorts on the western Coast off Africa.

I think if I accept the renewal, I will probably go there (to the left is a pic of Playa Papagayo-- gorgeous), to be on the beach, near the equator, with warm weather all year long, only two seasons... that would be great: sandy white beaches, warm water, natural mountains, community vibes. The only problem would be that I would be isolated from Europe, so I wouldn't be able to travel around as easily. But that's okay I think, I've already been all around Europe, now maybe I can see a bit more of Africa since I would be neighbors with the continent! (At this point I know I will be happy in which ever school I am in, so I am moving on to the area-- climate, people, beauty, uniqueness-- when will I ever get to live on a tropical island in Europe again?)

I'm not sure yet though. I'll have to see. If I do decide to come back, when I'm in NYC, I'm going to scoop someone up to come and live there with me. ;) We'll see though...

Oh, decisions, decisions... for now, I know that I will definitely be back in NYC at the end of May and will be working a great job over the summer. The rest is still unwritten. I'll write more when I know for sure. I have to decide by April 15th. The clocks a tickin!

No comments: