Saturday, March 7, 2009

Carnavales en Espana

Carnavals in Spain:

We decided to SKIP over Malaga's Carnaval and instead head to Cadiz, which is world famous for it's performances, amount of visitors and history (they continued the Carnaval even though Franco, Spain's former dictator, banned it).

We found a place to stay in nearby Jerez de la Frontera, hopped on the express train for 5 hours and got to Jerez. My other friend met us there and we started the long transformation into 50's ladies!


By the time we got there, we missed a lot of the action, lol. BUT we weren't about to let that stop us from having fun!
We were standing and shootin the shit when a guy comes up to me and says that he drew my portrait, I was like, what the hell? En serio? So I went over to see what he was talking about... He drew me from the back, my thigh highs with a freakin thong on, bare backed too! I was like, all you drew were my legs, and Elisa (my roomie) told me, that's what men see when they see girls... I thought it was disgusting, BUT I have a soft spot for artists, especially if they share their art with me :) My friends thought it was funny and flattering and started snapping a million pics!!!
I thought I'd return the favor and draw a picture of him... my drawing skills aren't as developed as his were though, haha.
Anyway, we said our goodbyes and kept moving, onto something even WORSE! A drunk guy stole my clutch and I didn't even notice, THEN a beautiful man, my hero, comes over and asks if I had a red bag, my friend Mel, ran over with him and my hero asked me what I had in it, I said money and my cell. He shook the guy up, screaming at him, "give me all her things", so little-by-little the drunk guy took all my shit out of his pockets and I got everything back! The guy got so mad that he started throwing bottles at the crowd, like hard, the cops came and all they asked me was if they could put it on the news, I was like, ok, I don't care, ha. OK, this was the second time the cops came for something involving me in Spain, I notice a pattern forming...

So I had a Carnaval hero, I thanked him over and over again, he was so nice and brave! I fell in love!

After that we spent a few more hours around, meeting people and walking, then headed back to Jerez. The next day me & Mel did it all over again in Badajoz, a city in Extremadura! WE FINALLY FOUND THE CARNAVAL THIS TIME, IT WAS A REAL SPANISH CARNAVAL! Drums, huge costumes, tons of people, music in the street, vendors, all night and all day parties, fun fun fun! AND no problems like in Cadiz! ha. PLUS our costumes were a lil more elaborate this time!
So that was it, Carnaval 2009, we did it and had a better time then all the people that only were able to make it to Cadiz! bloop bloop!

me voy a tranducir esta luego y escribir mas sobre mi semana viajando.

No comments: