Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pilates, Spa's, and Snobs-- oh my!

So me and four of my girlfriends joined a SPA together. It's right on the sea and it has 5 floors including a roof top deck with tennis and paddle ball courts. There's a pool, sauna, steam room, massage pool for your muscles, jacuzzi, fitness classes, it has a cafe, beauty center, and a parking lot.

Okay, typing this makes me sound so snobby, and just blogging about Pilates in general is snobby! WTH? I'm from Brooklyn, I shouldn't be joining Spa's and taking Pilates classes! lol. The reality is that I am not a snob at all, nor do I like to do snobby things (The spa was only 25 euros to join for the whole month, a one day offer, and I get to relax and exercise while learning Spanish at the same time!), BUT what I do like is to experience life, try new things, meet new people, enjoy Europe for what it is and stay healthy.

Okay, I got off track for a sec there again. The purpose of this blog is to say this:

I love PILATES!

I found my new strenght training exercises. They made us do some crazy shit. Twisty-turny things and balancing, lifting body-parts. I know tomorrow I am going to be sore-- in my ass more than anything. And the last 10 minutes we meditated with a buddist gong playing, the lights off with candles lit and soft music in the background, it's a serene place which takes away all your anxiety!

Vaya-- next week we are going to kick back and enjoy the pools, massages, and everything, It'll be great for my muscles after a long run and perfect for my last month of marathon training! ahhhh... this is a good life. I'm blessed.

2 comments:

Meme Ruiz said...

LOL You go girl! once I'm done with my year I'm going to go to a spa ass well. I'm gonna be doing alotta new things as a matter of fact..Then my blog will be just as interestin as yours lol... cause seriously (all jokes aside)I enjoy reading about your adventures.

mendoza said...

YAY! That's great! Your blog is interesting too, I love reading about your going-ons, they are unique!

Thanks! :)