Sunday, April 5, 2009

The start of Semana Santa Vacation

Thursday, April 2nd started my 12 day Semana Santa vacation. I have 8 more days left before I have to go back to work. So far I've had a whirlwind of a time!

On Thursday I started out celebrating two of my girls 22nd birthdays, Nagori & Blanca. In Spain, when its someones birthday, it's tradition for the birthday person to pay for everything (in the US it's the other way around). My girls didn't pay for anything though, I didn't let them, I can't let them pay for everything on THEIR birthday. We had tapas in a famous Spanish chefs restaurant, we danced all night, we met up with friends later on, then we went out for breakfast at 6am.
(Nagori & Blanca-- the birthday girls gettin old, 22! ha):

(live band singing happy birthday to the girls):

On Friday, I slept late, then went running, then slept some more (I had a crazy hangover) then woke up to go to the opening of my friend Edgar's new bar in the center of Malaga! It was by special invitation only! They had free food and free drinks all night! This was quite an experience for me, I've been visiting the bar as they were constructing it, and helping with the decor, so it was nice to see it all come together and actually enjoy it, rather than trying to fix it up.
(the bar, Big Band):

(YAY Edgar, congratulations!):

On Saturday I went running again and then met my new guy for lunch. He took me to an outdoor vegetarian restaurant in the historic area of Malaga. I LOVE when guys eat vegetarian with me it shows that they are making an effort-- I knew he liked me anyway, he didn't have to do this (but I was like, YES! A keeper! ha). I was VERY impressed, too bad he didn't like the meal too much (at least by the looks of it, ha)
Later we spent the evening on the beach relaxing. It was a great day. I went out for a midnight walk with the roomies after. It was such a warm night, we wanted to enjoy it.

Today, Sunday, me and my (gorgeous) roomies had breakfast together and went to the beach. Today started a Costa Del Sol beach tour for me. Every day (until Wednesday or Thursday) I will visit a different beach on the Costa del Sol and blog about it. Today we went to our beach, the Malagueta. There's not much to say about it really, I go there all the time, it's 10 min from where I live. the waters still a bit cold, but we went swimming nonetheless.


Semana Santa, aka Holy Week in Malaga is famous throughout the world. I'll post another blog about this soon (after I experience it). So that was my super fun and interesting weekend. I plan to spend a lot of the time at the beach during the day and at night at the Malaga festivities. I'm also looking to go to Paris on Thursday, only if I find cheap tickets, hopefully I will. More blogs to come as my vacation experiment plays out. :)

No comments: