Thursday, May 28, 2009

wow!

So that's it. I spent the last 8 1/2 months in Malaga and now it's time for me to temporarily head back home. I went to my favorite little spanish cafe this morning and had my usual breakfast, a cafe con leche, a pitufo with aceite y queso manchego. I was writing in my journal and going through old journal entries and I was like, DAMN, I am a HAPPY girl!

I know that I must have done something right in order to have such a satisfying life. I made a right decision somewhere along the line... otherwise I wouldn't feel this way...

This experience has been phenomenal. Although I will be back in September, I feel like I am closing a huge chapter of my life.

I live my life in chapters it seems, one chapter after another, some longer than others, but each chapter equally exciting and interesting. Looking back on this chapter, I'm so grateful to have had such wonderful friends, an amazing man, a super job, and the means to travel around Spain, and the world! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I'VE LIVED ON THE Mediterranean Sea in the south of Spain FOR THE LAST 9 MONTHS! It blows my mind to think about it! SERIOUSLY! AND I finished a freakin marathon!! HOLY CRAPOLA! lol. crazy shiizzziiitttt.

OK, I'd like to post some pictures, just for memories. I have a few more days here, but I'll be visiting my friend in Extremadura, then off to NYC!

My goodbye dinner with my coworkers:
Me, my boss, and the young staff, haha:
A trip with my students to El Torcal:
I'll miss my girls, our experiences, not only dancing, but doing girly things:

Me and my best friend in the world and the most gorgeous girl in the world (I am blessed that we shared this experience together):
and of course most of all, I'll miss my handsome boy:
AND our famous cookie making experiences! hahahah:

No comments: