Monday, June 22, 2009

NYC reunions

The hardest thing about living in another country is missing your culture and your friends, so when I have only 3 months in NYC I live it up with my people! I visited my girl, who is 6 MONTHS pregnant with her first baby! (Before I went to Spain we had her bachelorette party in AC, now shes pregnant! ha, crazy) Then we celebrated her birthday with a big BBQ!
I want to support her and hang out with her as much as I can this summer because once the baby is here, I'll be in Spain and when I come back, things won't be the same, I wont have as much access to her as I would want to! We can do mommy's-to-be things together, like go shopping, the beach and I can sing to the little princess! YAY!

I also visited my friends from the hood, I grew up with these girls & guys, we used to play ring and run together and give each other advice on our first kiss, we felt like we RAN BK! HA! So when I heard that there was an 80's party to celebrate my girls b-day, I was all about it, I got to see everyone in ONE night! I went crazy when I saw my girls, I was so happy and it was like I never left! It's kind of sad not to live near them anymore, and have those little everyday friends moments, but a party once in a while is better than nothing! Here's my sexy girls and the 80's party!
I am also inspired to dress super cool and funky when I'm in NYC! :)
I always have such an amazing time with the people I grew up with, it's GUARANTEED! (we look out for each other too, so it's always all good and all cool)

These are just a splash, I always feel like I have to shout out my people, they are so great, and So fun, kind and just plain AMAZING! Maybe I should start a friend blog... nah, I'll stick with the my life mezcla!

What would I do without my loves!!!!?! I appreciate you all so much, you are always there for me and know how to make me smile! xo.

No comments: