Wednesday, July 22, 2009

recovery

It's the small things that I miss like being able to bend my knees fully, or get up from bed on my own, or being able to hold a milk carton in my right hand. I can't do any of these things now.

My biggest fear was to be immobile, not to be able to move, and it's become a reality, albeit, only temporarily, but a current realism. It helps me understand the elderly a bit more, this is how they feel everyday, relying on others to move, to eat, to bathe them. One day we are independent and the next it can be taken away from us,

just

like

that.

This experience is tattooed in my mind forever.

Today I was able to make my own pony tail, I'm healing, beginning with my soul.

4 comments:

Meme Ruiz said...

I hope you feel better soon hun... I couldn't imagine how you feel butit sounds horrible and I really hope you get back on your feet again soon... :-)

So that you can enjoy the rest of your summer.

mendoza said...

Thanks so much!!!!! Every day is easier! xo.

Anonymous said...

no te preocupes baby!!! el tiempo vuela y pronto estaras recuperada de todas tus lesiones. ten paciencia y no te desesperes, aunque se que para ti es dificil hacer eso, jajajaja...

piensa eso cuando estes triste, no es mucho tiempo en realidad!!

ojala pudiera estar ahi para ayudarte cada dia y cuidarte. siento mucha impotencia la verdad.

cuidate y se positiva mi amor. hablamos luego!!!
besitos!!!

mendoza said...

gracias mi amor! besitos!