Thursday, August 27, 2009

end of summer-- I NEED A BREAK!

OH MY GOD!! I need a break! I have been non stop, WORKING like crazy, going out like CRAZY, running LIKE crazy, I can't even see straight right now-- PLUS I have low blood pressure, so I faint a lot, this summer I have fainted way more than usual-- I know, it's bad!!!!

Work this summer kicked my booty. It's always rewarding to work with young people and work towards a goal, BUT after 6-12 hours a day with 20 teenagers, all summer long, I LOVE them to death, but maybe I just wasn't sleeping enough, OR focusing on things that I shouldn't have been<-- won't say more bout this-- but I need a break. Badly. 

So I am going to Florida this weekend, for an EXTENDED weekend.

Hopefully I will unwind, relax, swim in warm water, spend calm time with my cuzo! I don't know how people work so much without vacations, it's necessary for peoples well-being! At least a vacation at home, with a good book, nice music, cooking- food that feeds the soul, having good company. 

We NEED to take care of ourselves!

During my lunch break yesterday I NEEDED to get my blood flowing, so me and my co-peeps went across the street to shoot some hoops, and do you think I even cared if I was all dressed up in work clothes!?? HAHA-- NO!! I NEEDED IT-- fuck it.



OK-- tomorrow is my last day of work, then I have off for 5 weeks. Two more weeks in NYC... crazy.

No comments: