Friday, August 21, 2009

HS pre mixer

So I have to admit, High School wasn't the most memorable time of my life... actually, I hated every second of it, that awkward stage where image was so important, where going to school was not about learning, but about socializing, I hated it all, and maybe that's why it took me a little longer to finish than is expected, PLUS I went to more than one high school in NYC, transfered around a bit until I was comfortable in my learning environment.

Despite all this, I decided to attend my first High School's PRE-mixer-reunion party at a rooftop club in times square! Some of my closest friends are from my time at this school, so I made a few calls and together we went to see all the people that were in our lives everyday for years and years. It was interesting how I remembered a lot of faces, but hardly any names, and if it weren't for facebook, I probably wouldn't have recognized people either! (I have a horrible memory-- this is one of the reasons I blog and write about everything, so I wont forget).

I reunited with my ex-best-friend Jess for the first time in 7 years, that was an amazing moment for me. She hasen't changed a bit, still gorgeous and LOCA!
It's so crazy, these reunions, to see people that were such a huge part of your life, then all these years later, see them again, and its like nothing ever changed... crazy.
<3 you guys!

1 comment:

~PakKaramu~ said...

Pak Karamu reading your blog