Sunday, October 18, 2009

a day trip to Álora

Álora is a small village about 45 minutes by train outside Malaga Center. It's a typical white village in the mountains. I saw a picture of it on the internet last week and I thought (and said) I WANT TO GO THERE! And we did, today, this morning.

The pictures say it all. The village has such character, beautiful streets, typical Spanish restaurants with cheap tapas and drinks, precious views and of course a castle at the top of a hill!

My Spanish guy and I talking about it:
(wow, there really isn't anything more than white houses mountains and restaurants, we say it over and over again)


the gorgeous village, a view from the castle:
everything is just a tiny bit smaller in the village, including the height of the doors:
cute fountain:
the towns church, it was closed for renovations:
in the heart of the town with the castle on top of the hill:
this is also part of Álora but not in the heart of the village, still gorgeous:
beautiful scenery and HAPPY me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it looks gorgeous. You are so lucky to be there. I admire your "get up and go" attitude in that you saw a picture of it one week, and were there the next. You can take the girl out of America, but you can't take America out of the girl!

mendoza said...

haha, thanks!!