Monday, October 26, 2009

My CITY, Malaga, Spain

I realized that I speak so much about Malaga this and Malaga that, but I never really blogged about Malaga!

Malaga is the second largest city, after Seville, in the south of Spain. It's a beach town on the Mediterranean Sea. It's famous for it's warm climate, beautiful beaches, and because Picasso was born here.

Living here is a HUGE change and shock from living in NYC. Just look at the pictures and you can imagine how much better and happier I live here. I mean, I LOVE New York, but Malaga has everything I could ever want, beaches, parties, culture, food, centrally located, EVERYTHING. It makes me happy just to take a walk because everything is so gorgeous.

This is a typical street on the outskirts of the city center:

A view of the whole city including the bullfighting ring with
the Mediterranean Sea in the background:
This is part of a Churinguito, a restaurant on the beach,
they roast the sardines on the small boat here:

Another view of the city, with the port:
Calle Larios at night, the main street in the city center:

A view in the opposite direction, facing the mountains:
On the beach:

Cruise ships come through every week:

The local beach:
Calle Larios during the day:

the boardwalk at sunset:
beds on the beach:
Everyone here is big on plants, these are just sitting on a mountain overlooking the sea:

And that's my city... I don't know if I could ever leave it...

No comments: