Monday, October 12, 2009

there's something missing

You ever feel like you're missing something? Like you look around and have everything you need, but inside you feel like somethings just not right?

Well, I'm feeling that way now. And really, who am I to complain? I shouldn't complain actually, I mean... I have no reason to, I live in the south of Spain with the best man in the world, with great people around me, and I have a healthy/happy living environment. I'm learning a new language, a new culture, I swim in the Mediterranean Sea regularly, I run along the beach, I mean, for goodness sake, I have a spiral staircase in my house!!!! COME ON!

Sometimes I look at that spiral staircase and think, it's such a beautiful structure, but there is no practical value to it, we can't bring whole furniture upstairs, it doesn't fit. I think about the practicality of life, sometimes it makes sense, like when you are in love and you are with your love, other times it doesn't, like when you work in a shitty job to make money to buy food and shelter, when instead, you can grow your own food and build your own house... oh I don't know...

Somethings missing, not anything big, but something big enough to tug at my heart/mind sometimes just to remind me that I need to keep searching, keep looking, and never get too comfortable, the world is out there for us to explore, people are around for us to get to know, and that's what I need to do, I think...

4 comments:

te.entiendo. said...

SI! Siento exactamente igual. Especialmente ahora. Que ha pasado a nosotros? Que hacemos y donde iremos? Porque estamos aqui-viviendo un sueno-(como dices tu!)cuando no estamos 100% fulfilled? No quiero salir, pero quiero conocer tambien... Es verdad, QUE falta? Mas stimulacion? En mi caso, creo que si. Bueno, lo que quiero decir es:you took the words out of my mouth with this one. You gonna make this comment public? Me da igual. Tengo que VERTE.

mendoza said...

Anda ya! eso es, mas stimulacion... eso es que necesito, y creo que mas amor tambien, necesito mas de todo! arggg...

vente aqui O puedo ir por alli, pero, no se si estaria bien con "you know who" y yo, jajaja, dime guapa. :)

mendoza said...

creo que tambien hace falta ejercicio en mi vida, este p. tobillo!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't write or speak Spanish, but I live in an area with a lot of native Spanish speakers, so luckily I've picked up enough to have been able to understand your comments. Phew!

I don't know if you're missing exercise, "Mendoza". Maybe you're missing a spiritual dimension to your life. Could that be it? Not that I'm particularly religious or anything, but sometimes I feel that I want something profounder...or meaningful, but I don't know what.

But then I realize that all I want is a piece of chocolate cake! That normally solves everything!