Monday, December 21, 2009

December 19th 2009

Sooooooooooooo... got back yesterday from Sierra Nevada. And I HAVE to say, overall, I'm a very positive optimistic person, and I like to exaggerate normally, BUT, this is the truth:

I HAD ONE OF THE BEST WEEKENDS OF MY LIFE!

Now that I got that out of the way... I can move on--- So Sierra Nevada is in Granada, which is about 1 1/2 hours from Malaga where I am currently living. I was really missing the cold weather and snow (I'm from Brooklyn, so what is December without cold weather, right?) So me and Spanish guy booked an adorable cabin and off we went.

So here's how great my luck was: There was a SNOW STORM when we arrived at the top of the mountain, so everything was magical, like a real life WINTER WONDERLAND! I was a happy girl! So we spent Saturday morning and afternoon on a snow rollercoaster that goes throughout the mountains, we rode ski bikes, we snow tubed, it was SOOOO FUN! And all this was new to me, I never saw ski bikes or snow roller-coasters before! BUT, as I LOVE playing sports, and I am like a tom boy, I was an instant PRO! I decided that I need to play winter sports more often, especially because it is so close to me! Here's some pictures of Sierra Nevada:


The snow roller-coaster, wooo hoooo!My baby making his first snow angel!

Random farm animals...
We were above the clouds, it was amazing to see... again, I felt blessed.In the old town square.
I really can't believe how cute my Spanish guy is, he could be a model!
*whistle whistle**

Since we were in the mountains, we took this opportunity to eat mountain food: Fried old bread, Asparagus, potatoes, vegetable salad (we are both vegetarians). It was delicious-- I always said as a joke to people, I want to go to the mountains to eat mountain food, and look, I did it this weekend!


Driving to the cabin, Spanish guy is concentrated on driving in the icy mountains, so that he doesn't kill us, and I am busy blinding us with the camera flash, lol.
YAY! 28 years on this beautiful earth!
rockin in!!!!
I LOVE the unexpected pictures! Birthday night!
Popping open the Champagne right as I turned 28! I have the best man in the WORLD!
We drove to the center of Granada and turned down a lonely side street, it was pretty cool though!
After our weekend, we decided to stop in Nerja to enjoy the ocean, FROM SNOW TO SEA, that's what our life is like!
I feel in love with this Santa-- don't judge me.
So, turning 28 was perfect. Unique. I felt so much love. I learned so many new things. I have A TON of new experiences. I shared my weekend with the best man in the world. Whoever says that happiness doesn't exist obviously is living in the wrong circumstances.

So another year came and gone.

Now I'm 28. 28. 28. 28. 28.

1 comment:

Alex said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! vaya pedazo de finde que pasamos en Sierra Nevada eh mami??? a mi me encanto la verdad. para mi tambien fue de los mejores findes de mi vida! y me senti super emocionado de que quisieras pasar un dia tan especial como tu cumpleaños nº28 conmigo!!!
no se que mas decirte la verdad, solo que ha sido una experiencia unica, que yo tambien he aprendido un monton de cosas, que me sigues encantando y enamorando cada dia mas y que... yo que se que mas!!!!!
TE AMO MI PRINCESA!
besitos