Thursday, December 31, 2009

looking back on 2009

Lets play a game called, "IN 2009 I..."

I´ll start.

IN 2009 I...

... became closer to my grandmother.

... met the best man in the world.

... lived and worked in two coumtries, Spain and the USA.

... traveled to FIVE countries: Portugal, Spain, The USA, Puerto Rico, & Northern Ireland.

... became a fluent Spanish speaker.

... reunited with old friends after 10 years.

... went skiing or the first time in my life.

... saw the book that I contributed to being sold.

... lost a friend.

... discovered just how adaptable I really am.

... gained a new family.

... completed a marathon in under 4 hours and 20 minutes.

... lost a lot of weight. Then gained some back.

... continued to have someone obsessed with me.

... missed my brother.

... traveled to over 10 different parts of Spain.

... adapted a more sophisticated style.

... have been as silly and clumpsey as ever!

... went to the circus.

... felt like one of the luckiest people alive.

... got enough love to last a lifetime from my friends, family, students and boyfriend.

... cut my hair.

... wore giant things in my hair.

... got my masters diploma.

... got hit by a car & fell down a mountain.

... swam in a lake, a sea and an ocean. Lived along a river and hopped over a puddle. lol.

... got the sickest that I have ever been in my life.

... rocked it in NYC like no other!

... worked with Robert Dinero.

... realized that marriage doesn´t mean anything to some people, they´ll cheat in a heartbeat.

... fell in love with dresses.

... moved into one of the cutest apartments in the world with the best man in the world.

... picked olives from olives trees, mushrooms from a forest, and picked fresh fruits and veggies from a farm.

... climbed a tree.

... vomited on a train.

... climbed through a manhole in Brooklyn.

... studied astrology, Spanish, grassroots community organizing, English, & the history of NYC.

... bought a million new nailpolish colors!!!

... discovered I have cousins that live 5 hours away from me from Cuba.

... filled up FOUR journals with my writings.

... explored an underground cave.

... became obsessed with huge rings.

... slept in the clouds, literally... no, really I did. :)

... became a gardener.


Wow!! holy cow! So theres my accomplishments and observations about myself for 2009. Theres so many more, but these were instantly in my head at this very moment!!

As a new decade begins, I look forward to having a longer more EXCITING list for next year. AND WITH ALL OF MY CURRENT PLANS IN THE WORKS it looks like 2010 will be filled with new adventures, new countries, new friends, deep relationships, and tons and tons of fun. AND IT STARTS WITH A HUGE PARTY TONIGHT!


ONWARD AND UPWARD! holler!


1 comment:

Meme Ruiz said...

I love this!!!!! I will repost it as well but on my facebook..lol