Friday, January 1, 2010

NEW YEARS EVE 2010

So first I´d like to acknowledge what a handsome couple Spanish guy and I were on New Years Eve, or Noche Vieja in Spanish. We took forever to get ready: cook, get dressed, clean... but at the end... TADA everything was great! I wore one of my favorite dresses ever that I bought maybe about 8 years ago. It still fits and its still as stylish as ever (I´d like to think, hahah)!


So off we went to my friends´ house party which had an international theme. There were people there from many different countries. Each person brought a typical dish from their country (I brought baked macaroni and cheese) and shared all their NYE traditions. It was a great idea, because not only was I learning more about Spanish tradition, but about a few others as well.

Americans, in love. xo.






Here is an Austrian tradition on New Years Eve, you melt metal pieces with an Austrian long spoon over a candle and when the pieces are completely melted you toss it into a bowl of cold water and then quickly take it out. Whatever form it created will define your life for the next yer. Mine was in the form of a dragon, which means victory. 2010 WILL BE VICTORIOUS FOR ME! I couldn´t have asked for a better one!!
heading home!

I have to admit, it wasn't the best new years of my life... I don't know why, but I wasn't feeling it too much. After the house party I didn't even want to go out dancing, so we went home and then Spanish guy and I got stuck in the elevator in our building. When we called the emergency number they said the soonest they could get someone to help us would be the next afternoon, we were like NO WAY!!! SO we forced open the door and climbed right out!!! THAT I have to admit was kind of cool, to get stuck in an elevator with your boyfriend on new years eve, haha. But everything else, blahhh... Spanish guy and I are planing to have another new years this week, our very own new years party and we want to do everything that we missed this year. Lets see how that goes.

Next year I definitely know that I don't want to be in Spain again, maybe Germany??

1 comment:

Alex said...

jajaja... buena descripcion de lo que fue la noche de fin de año. mientras estuvimos en casa de angela nos lo pasamos muy bien!!! para mi fue un placer compartir esta experiencia española contigo mi amor. y esta semana vamos a tener como tu dices nuestra propia nochevieja, jajjaja....
besitos dulces mi corazon!!!