Saturday, March 20, 2010

a result of running

Two days ago, as I was scrambling to get dressed in the morning, one eye still closed and wishing that my body was still nicely cradled in my warm bed, I slid on a pair of jeans and easily maneuvered the chrome button through the matching slit. As the button closed and the zipper went up I realized I had just put on my "skinny jeans"-- you know, those jeans that fit you centuries ago that you always saved because... one day you will loose enough weight to fit into them!!! You are SURE OF IT!! well... those-- I was shocked!

Of course I have been training, running six days a week, but I have also been eating and partying, which I thought would even it out, but no, I lost inches without even realizing it. I don't have a full length mirror or a scale to weigh myself, so it just kind of jumped up on me.

The next day (yesterday) I decided to try on my size 2 skirt that I bought when I lived in Ireland 4 years ago and was at my peak, ZIPPPPPPPPPPPP... on it went with no problem, TOMA!!!

I'm back to my "skinny" self and love it. The good thing is, I was satisfied with myself and my size before, so no matter if I stay this size or get back to my comfortable weight, I will be okay with myself. But its nice to see my body become stronger, especially after all the work I have been doing for the marathon.

ZIPPPPPPPP--
Mendoza

1 comment:

Alex said...

you are a skinny skinny girl!!!!
TOMA!!!!!
siempre has sido tiny y skinny, jajajaj...
bueno, que sepas que i love it!!!!

besitos amor de mi vida!!!
skinny or not, you are always sexy and beautiful!!!