Tuesday, June 1, 2010

wow.

An era is coming to an end...

In 3 days I will be back in NYC.

I have experienced so much during my time in Malaga, I got over a heartbreak after crying for hours and hours, days at a time, alone in my bed with no one there for me in the world, then four months later, I met the man I will spend the rest of my life with I BELIEVE IN FATE. I struggled with and learned a new language (the language of my ancestors) and immersed myself in a foreign culture. I experienced what it was like to live as an immigrant, to experience injustices and prejudices. I cried, I laughed, and I met some amazing people. I shared my time here with one of my best friends from the states and we traveled around Europe together to build our bond.

I learned the habits and abilities of children and experienced first hand the European educational system. I was loved everyday by my students and collaborated with the teachers. We ran together in the playground and flew paper airplanes together.
Spain is an amazing place and I will always hold these experiences close to me. The crystal clear Mediterranean Sea, the welcoming mountains, the outdoor parties, sports, and the cuisine and MOST OF ALL, I was welcomed into a new family, my soon to be in-laws. I love them!
and my friends, wow have I built some really strong bonds with them. It makes me sad to dejar all these relationships... I have to stop writing now...

Don't worry Spain, one day I'll be back to make new memories, but for now, NYC is calling.

1 comment:

Alex said...

pronto volveremos!! asi que no te preocupes mi amorcito. ademas, para ti no es mucho sacrifico vivir en NYC, jajajaj...

besitos amor mio!!!